Non-local

Saab cheap as chips in UK, why?

Stefan.N writes in Non-local

Hi guys, i was looking around to buy a Saab and usually i am comparing the prices with some UK and German websites and what i discovered is that SAAB's in UK are going literally for nothing! http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/saab/postcode/sw1w9tq/radius/1500/price-from/1000/sort/priceasc/price-to/3000/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old
I know that the recession forced many people to sell their cars or downgrade, but usually you can see older mid range cars, about 8-10 years old going ridiculously cheap, like Jaguar S Type for about 1500GBP, BMW 5-series, MB E-series etc... all about 1500GBP My question is why 6-7 year old Saab's (Auto, Leather etc.) are going for around 2k?? Maybe my question is stupid but i am not English, i never lived in UK. Is it Taxation/Insurance cost? Reliability? I hope someone can give me advice, maybe some ex or current Saab owner. Thanks!

Posted on: 04/05/2011 at 07:12

seen the mileage on these cars its miles not kms nobody wants a car that's been round the world hence cheap.
you should look at others 4yr old 60-80k 3grand max deals are out there nobody's got money for cars

Posted on: 07/06/2011 at 09:45

It has to do with the maintenance costs and the cost of new and used parts as well as the fact they are hard to find-some of them.

Reliability is no problem.

Also, the way gauges and instruments function is not everyone's taste.

Posted on: 05/09/2011 at 22:12

Content Sponsor

Petz Stuff

UK run pet shops in Chlorakas (Paphos) and Episkopi (Limassol). Offering a huge variety of food,...
Find out more...

Consultus Care & Nursing

Consultus Care & Nursing
Find out more...

Bupa Global

This Spring, get a FREE quote for worldwide health cover for you and your family: 24 hour...
Find out more...

Become Member List your Business Blog For Us

Health Insurance Quote