Sport & Leisure

new boat license

embasun writes in Sport & Leisure

To all the boat owners of Cyprus

I would like to bring to your attention the rules and regulations of the Cyprus waters, as a lot of you are not aware there is an inspection and a circulation license that you must have to drive your boat on the Cyprus water ways.

This apply to LL numbers as well as SSR even if you do not live here all year round you must obtain this license, there has been a recent court case on SSR numbers and the case was lost, the fine had to be paid even though they were not told about the license when they purchased the boat.

You can obtain the forms by ringing Valetta at the Limassol Marine office on 25848164 she speaks perfect English.

The inspection license will cost €62.00 and the circulation will cost from €51 to €384.44 According to the size of your boat

This license will last 5 years (the fine for not having this license is between €300 and €3000)

I have put together a list of what the inspector will want to see on your boat on the day of an inspection.

Ø Boats under 6 Mts

Ø Radio License

Ø Inspection Of The Construction

Ø Safety Cut Off Switch

Ø Must Have Spec On All Alterations Of The Vessel

Ø Life Jackets One More Than The Holding Capacity Of The Amount Of People It Can Carry

Ø Anchor

Ø Set Of Oars Or A Spare Means Of Propulsion

Ø Bucket Attached To A Rope

Ø Torch With Spare Batteries And Bulb

Ø First Aid Box

Ø Navigation Lights

Ø Fire Extinguisher Foam Or Powder

Ø Hand Held VHF

Ø Emission Test

Ø Noise Level Test Must Be Less Than 74DbA

Ø LL & SSR Numbers Must Be Clear On Both Sides Of The Boat

Ø Boats Over 6 Mts

Ø Radio License

Ø Inspection Of The Construction

Ø Safety Cut Off Switch

Ø Must Have Spec On All Alterations Of The Vessel

Ø Life Jackets One More Than The Holding Capacity Of The Amount Of People It Can Carry

Ø At Least One Round Life Belt With A Retracting Line

Ø Anchor

Ø Set Of Oars Or A Spare Means Of Propulsion

Ø Bucket Attached To A Rope

Ø Torch With Spare Batteries And Bulb

Ø First Aid Box

Ø Siren

Ø Navigation Lights

Ø Fire Extinguisher Foam Or Powder

Ø 2x Smoke Flares

Ø 2x Parachute Flares

Ø Direction Compass

Ø Bilge Pump

Ø Permanent Radio Transmitter

Ø Emission Test

Ø Noise Level Test Must Be Less Than 74DbA

Ø LL & SSR Numbers Must Be Clear On Both Sides Of The Boat

Posted on: 10/11/2009 at 09:18

Where on earth are you supposed to get an emission or noise test?

In which district did the court case get heard?

Contacted some of our fellow boat-owners, and no-one else has heard of this being enforced.

Posted on: 11/11/2009 at 14:54

call the department of shipping in limassol and ask for valetta on 25848155 its all true and if you have no license you will be done

Posted on: 13/11/2009 at 10:01

Hi

I have just purchased a boat from a fiend. Embasun is correct on the new rules as i have been speaking with redline in paphos and they have confirmed all this as well.

I have all the paperwork fillled out including bill of sale so i am now ready to go to limassol with the paperwork and to book my inspection day, circulation etc. Can you tell me where about the offices are in limassol

Regards

Scott

Posted on: 28/11/2009 at 13:50

We have a yacht in Latchi harbour, to date, not one of our fellow boat owners have the new licence... obviously they are looking into it:-)

However, we understand that it does not apply to boats over 15 metres?

Posted on: 28/11/2009 at 14:49

All the equipment required on board the boat is available for purchase from Ocean Marine Equipment in Limassol.

You can call them on 25369731. they have both native English, and greek speakers.

Posted on: 12/12/2009 at 11:24

addressone's that do more than 15 knots it will apply to anything that floats

Posted on: 22/12/2009 at 16:28

Featured Business

Safe.T.First Pool Safety Ltd

Falls on wet, slippy, ceramic tiles, marble and stamped concrete, around the pool and on patios,...
Read more...

Leroy Merlin

Centre for home improvement and DIY in Nicosia, selling lighting, decoration, blinds, paints,...
Read more...

Renovation Kitchens

Cyprus' premier kitchen company. Kitchens made by the largest cabinet maker in Paphos. Operating...
Read more...

Content Sponsor

IPTV New Generation TV1

Watch British TV / USA / MIDDLE EAST ,and other international free channels... IPTV1 box is the... Find out more...

Moneycorp

If you need to send money overseas Moneycorp, the exchange experts, can help you make your money... Find out more...

Mobile Site

Useful Tools

Tell A Friend

Have you found AngloINFO helpful? Why not tell your friends about it. If you don't use social media, you can find a simple email form here.

Read More...
X

Welcome to AngloINFO Cyprus

Everything you need for life in Cyprus - local information you can trust
The AngloINFO Cyprus Business is available for franchising

Do you dream of having your own, profitable, easy-to-operate business? AngloINFO might be the solution!

Now in its fifteenth year of business, AngloINFO is the world's leading network of expat information websites - with over three million monthly visitors from around the world.
We have an established network of 88 local websites in 41 countries with many more in development.

Our 54 local franchisees are the key to our success and come from a huge range of backgrounds, ages and nationalities. The common factor is a passion for success.