Cars, Bikes & Driving

Change of car ownership

5vrgs writes in Cars, Bikes & Driving

Does anyone know what it costs to change ownership on a vehicle. Is the issuing of the logbook include that? Thanks so much!

Posted on: 17/02/2009 at 06:56

Just done it, cost 22 euros including issuing the new logbook. Used my Insurance broker to do it and only took a couple of days Download the form from this website, both you and previous owner need to fill in some info and done. If you do it yourself, you have to go to the Muktar etc. Much more hassle.

Posted on: 18/02/2009 at 16:18

Thanks for that info Paul. Could you please send that web address to me again. Thanks so much 5vrgs

Posted on: 18/02/2009 at 17:14

We have just done it ourselves, Muktar signed, no problem and no charge, we went to DoT in Nicosia it took 5 minutes and cost us 8.40 Euro

We were very impressed and would recommend to anyone..

After all the different things we were told about all the forms we would need, nothing like that at all, we just needed a copy of passport and the log. A new log was printed straight away...

Posted on: 18/02/2009 at 17:41

You can also do 'change of ownership' in person, on the spot, at regional Road Transport Department offices - such as in Aradippou for the Larnaca area. All much easier now they are computerised, so any office can do the checks and print out the new log 'book'.

Posted on: 18/02/2009 at 18:00

Thanks for all the many helpful contributions! Can anyone tell me what the requirements are regarding insurance when it comes to change of ownership? Does one need an insurance cover? Will 3rd party suffice? Is there a minimum time period needed, eg. a min of 1 year insurance, etc.

Posted on: 18/02/2009 at 19:53

Insurance is checked before road tax discs are issued, and in change of ownership. But 3rd party is fine. Just has to be valid when you're making the transaction!

Posted on: 18/02/2009 at 23:49

Latest Blog

Travelling Further North!

From the blog, Poetry Corner

A child's face watched me from its buggy in Cleveleys as we set off for Newcastle-upon-Tyne. My mi... Read more

Become Member List your Business Blog For Us

Health Insurance Quote

Cover required for:

Quick Quote