Pets & Animals

transporting pets to england and s'ireland from cy

kelly writes in Pets & Animals

lots of info on here about brining pets to Cyprus but how do you get them back if you need to like i do.

I have the pet passport

i have a good vet to do the worms and ticks requirement 48 hours before

i've had the rabies blood test (not personally of course)

how do i now find an airline that will transport my beloved little dog and how do i find out which box i need to transport him and last but not least how much do i have to pay to do this?

i have been on so many sites and read so much conflicting advise but now i am ready to accept the help and advice from anyone who has done this - even obvious solutions are welcome - i wont be offended (honest)

thanks

In my dreams

Posted on: 21/10/2006 at 20:05

I took my two cyprus rescue dogs to the UK and then back to Cyprus. I did mine through BFAWS Dhekalia (british bases) Tel: 24 74 44 32.

Paphiakos Animal Welfare in Pafos also arrange things Tel: 26 946 461.

Good Luck!

Posted on: 22/10/2006 at 21:54

Hi, I used Air Supply Shipping Agents to bring out my 3 cats. They arranged everything for me, flights, boxes, pick up from my home and delivery to the airport. I know they do arrange flights back to the UK and I will be using them when I go back to the UK. I tried several different companies for quotes but they offered by far the best value and service. Jo

Posted on: 23/10/2006 at 08:23

We are also taking cats and dogs back to the UK (see our website: www.cypruscatrescue.co.uk) and have been speaking directly with Cyprus Airways on costs etc.

Handling fees for flights before 18:00 is £104.00cy (regardless how many pets)

Handling fees for flights after 18:00 is £120.00cy (regardless how many pets)

PLUS

the cost of the flight depends on the weight and dimension of the box (not expensive)

PLUS

UK Airport charges for transportation and examination of pet is £40 GB(transportation from airplane to animal reception area) and £13 GB.

As it is only a little dog will cost around £300 altogether which you pay at the airport when you check your dog in (this will include UK airport charges). Book your flight direct with Cyprus Airways, then get your tick and worm treatment which has to be between 24 and 48 hours when the animal arrives in the UK, if when the animal arrives it has been less than 24 hours or more than 48 hours since the dog had the treatment the animal will not be allowed to enter the UK, it also must be dated with a time by the vet!

Do not use Pafos as they are expensive and so are the agents. Cheaper to do it yourself especially as you only have one animal. Also try to go on the same flight so you are with the animal before and after the flight. Do not sedate him unless he is panicking and trying to break free, it is dangerous to give a sedation tablet to a pet when travelling (don't let your vet talk you into giving this tablet, sometimes they give valium!).

As for the size of the box:

1.Measure for the point of its nose to base of its tail(its bum) measure for the floor to its elbow,half that measurement and add on the half to the Length of the dog,that the lenght of the box 2.Now measure its fattest point weather its it stomach or shoulders x 2 and that it the width of the box. 3.Now measure from the floor to its top of its head and thats the hight of the box. All these need to be taken with the animal in a natural standing position.

I will get the telephone number for you to ring Cyprus Airways.

Posted on: 24/10/2006 at 15:58

June,

Been trying to get in touch with you in order to help, but do not have contact details. Please e-mail me.

Tess, Llelayne House Cattery

AJ

Posted on: 30/10/2006 at 06:18

many many thanks for all your help.

will email you both

kelly

In my dreams

Posted on: 30/10/2006 at 09:49

Latest Blog

Lots Of Walking!

From the blog, Poetry Corner

I would not have spent the last three weeks walking in Cyprus without David's help!    ... Read more

Become Member List your Business Blog For Us

Health Insurance Quote

Featured Information

Setting Up Home

Setting Up Home

Find out how to get power, water and gas turned on and how to get your telephone and internet connected.

Read more...
Health System

Health System

Make sure you and your family are protected by the Cyprus healthcare system.

Read more...

Content Sponsor

CIGNA

Moving abroad? Get top quality international health insurance from CIGNA Global Health Options.... Find out more...

Triotech Group

Join thousands of Expats already enjoying FREE UK TV and Movies with the ClearStream Media... Find out more...

Bupa Global

This Winter, get a FREE quote for worldwide health cover for you and your family: 24 hour... Find out more...

AngloINFO needs your vote!
Vote for AngloINFO as Best Expat Website

Complete
The Expat Survey 2014
and vote for AngloINFO
on the final page